Monday, June 29, 2009

Bee's and Homemade Dishwasher Detergent


I finally got my visit from the bee keeper - He wanted me to pay him to take the bee's! (mind you he keeps them and uses their honey to sell)! No way was I paying him, so I politely refused his services and decided to take care of the bee's myself. Which I did while Eric was at work - because of course he told me to leave them alone until he got home. I took some ideas from the bee keeper and put a cardboard box under the bees, I did not have a hive (of course) so I used a gallon orange juice container and set it in the box, I smacked the trampoline with a big stick and the bee's fell right into the box! I was hoping that the queen had also fell in because the bee's will stay where the queen is, as I'm sure most of you already know :-) I got lucky and all the bee's stayed in the box and in the OJ container - I waited about a half hour or so, went to the box, closed the flaps and hauled it away! Easy and better than paying someone to do it - I guess I was very lucky because I got through the whole ordeal without a sting!
I learned how to make homemade dishwasher detergent this weekend - Works better than the stuff you pay an arm for in the store and costs Soooo much less!
Ingredients Needed:
Borax
Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
White vinegar (optional)
Lemon Juice (optional)

Add 1 tablespoon of borax and 1 tablespoon of washing soda to the dishwasher. For a little scent you can add a drop or two of lemon juice (which I already had) to the borax and washing soda. For a rinse just add a tablespoon of vinegar - the dishes will come out spotless!

I spent about $5 on the borax and washing soda, the lemon juice and vinegar I already had. I'm guessing that the ingredients will last me 3 months or better (if I only use them for the dishwasher) and only run the dishwasher once a day. So I'm figuring it is going to be well worth it considering the stuff I was buying was costing me about $15 a month! Next thing I will be trying is homemade soap for the washer (which I seen on one of the blogs I watch). It looks fairly easy and inexpensive. Enjoy your day and thanks for visiting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment