Monday, July 13, 2009

Blog Talk..




Well it sure was a busy week, I spent some of it in the ER, at the doctors, and the operating room with my husband. All is well now.

It was Daniels birthday and we had a party. I made him a dirtbike cake since he has been into them lately. It turned out pretty good. Cake making is my thing (or at least that's what my family and friends think) I have made quite a few cakes and here are some pics of a few of them.

I went to a few yard sales, and got some pretty good deals. I bought a ladybug sweeper for my pool for $5! It's like new and works great. (its one of things you just drop in your pool and it cleans by itself) We also got a very old bike for my mother in law for $1! She has been looking for one for a while. Its in pretty good shape for its age but we are going to paint it and put a basket and stuff on it for her. I will post some before and after pics when we get to it.

Our local Dollar General is moving so they are have a big sale, (well the signs say the entire store is on sale, but that's a lie because none of the food, cleaning or paper products are on sale) I did complain about it but was told I had to contact the "head honcho's". Anyway I did get quite a few school supplies for the kids (that stuff was 50% off). I ended up getting a bunch of notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, binders, a few t-shirts, two 20lb bags of dog food, batteries and some shampoo (all of which was 25 - 50% off) for under $30. I would have taken a pic but I had so much going on I just wanted to get it put away.
I am looking forward to this weekend, it's time for the 100 mile yard sale. It's 100 miles of yard sales, people sell baked goods, food and soda and well, their unwanted items. You get a big map to show you where they all are. It's a fun time. We also have an ATV dice run to benefit the local search and rescue. And a graduation party for my sister's step daughter, which I have to make decorations and cookies for so I think it's going to be another busy week!

Right now I have 5 teenage boys camped on my living room floor, they set up tents in the yard last night but it got pretty chilly so they must have decided to come in and get warm :) It's almost 10am and I really need to wake them up so I can get some cleaning done. I hate to do it but I can't tiptoe around the house until they decide to get up...Ohh to be young again, staying up late with friends and sleeping late, without a care in the world, life was so much easier....

No comments:

Post a Comment